Senior Human Resources Coordinator
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to work with rockets on the Gold Coast? Gilmour Space Technologies is hiring for a Senior Human Resources Coordinator to support the business and team by providing relevant and timely advice and assistance on all human resources matters to both the internal HR Team and wider Gilmour Space Team. You will also provide both high level advice and support with practical implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Support the development and implementation of HR Strategies and initiatives aligned to the overall business plan.
- Assist with ensuring legal compliance by keeping up to date with applicable federal and state legislation and providing advice on same.
- Conduct investigations, maintain records, and assist the company in industrial relations cases as required.
- Provide accurate and timely HR support, advice and guidance to managers and staff on Employee and Industrial Relations, interpretation of awards, performance management and general advice relating to Human Resources.
- Work as a key senior member of the HR team, actively contributing to meetings, providing HR reporting as required
- Provide mentorship and training to other HR team members
- Support the HR Manager with tasking and initiatives
- Lead and manage various HR projects as required by the Company
- Actively work with and consult with relevant people and departments to ensure HR and staff requirements and targets are achieved
- Support recruitment and onboarding processes of all personnel, including permanent, contract, internship, and casual employees
- Assist manage the employment relationship from recruitment, through to offboarding and everything in between
- Assist prepare and coordinate the performance appraisal and development process in line with company requirements
- Review and identify internal and external training requirements in line with performance appraisals and/or management requests
- Development and delivery of internal training programs as required
- Manage Workers Compensation ensuring management of claims and return to work plans are in place and lodged in required time frames
- Provide advice on payroll and perform payroll as required
- Review and update company manuals and HR policies and procedures to ensure they reflect current legislation and changes in company requirements
- Drive corporate initiatives, social and health and wellbeing activities which encourage staff participation and engagement
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Other duties are requested by the Human Resources Manager
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of five years' experience working in a high-level Human Resources role
- Adopts a pragmatic approach to HR
- High level of knowledge of statutory and legislative HR requirements
- Computer Literacy essential
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to build and maintain personable and positive working relationships
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft skills
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational experience and negotiating skills with the ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of others
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage work demands and deliver outcomes
- Self-motivated, results oriented with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources
- Good organisational and planning skills required
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety, quality assurance, continuous improvement, and environmental management
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!