All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting legal counsel to support our team, who are building rockets on the Gold Coast.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Provide in-house legal support to executives and officeholders on a range of matters, including:
- Employment (e.g. visas and fair work disputes)
- Space regulation
- Other local government, state, and federal regulation
- visas and procurement matters.
- Draft and review contracts, policies, leases, and other documentation.
- Support compliance to standards and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with external legal firms as required.
- Liaise with various stakeholders internally on diverse issues.
- Advise and stay up-to-date on a broad range of employment relations matters in relation to policy, industrial instruments and legislation, including coordinating Better Off Overall Tests (BOOTs) for all employees.
- Coordinate visa processing and help with relocation requirements for foreign hires.
- Ensure all files and records are maintained in accordance with legislative requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure HR legal compliance within Gilmour Space.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Eligible for a practicing certificate in Queensland (a Restricted Certificate is acceptable).
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred.
- Self-driven, with strong initiative.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Eligibility for an unrestricted practicing certificate is preferred.
- Commercial in-house experience (start-up experience or exposure will be highly regarded).
- Strong on workplace law, employment law, immigration procedures and industrial relations.
- Outcomes-focused, creative thinker, and able to thrive in the hyper-paced Gilmour Space environment.
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.