Property/Maintenance Team Member (and Bus Driving)
Waverley Christian College is a Christian co-educational school from Kinder to Year 12. We have been providing students with a quality Christian educational experience for over 40 years. With campuses in Wantirna South and Narre Warren South, Waverley Christian College has an enrolment of over 2200 students across both campuses in 2023.
The Narre Warren South Campus is seeking a Property/Maintenance Team Member to commence in April 2023
We are seeking a candidate (either part time 4 days per week or full time) who is keen to learn and apply several skills in a variety of disciplines to assist with the maintenance program within the school. This role will assist in building projects, grounds work and gardening, maintenance, security and more. We are happy to train you if needed.
You will be required to drive the school bus from the Wantirna South Campus to Narre Warren South and back each day so you would ideally live somewhere local. You will have, or need to obtain, a Heavy Vehicle licence (Light Rigid).
The ideal candidate is:
- Highly motivated
- Health and Safety minded
- Have excellent problem-solving skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Be able to show a commitment to the values and ethos of Christian education
- Be willing to get involved in all aspects of the College’s programs and opportunities
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
Some of the benefits of working at Waverley Christian College include:
- A range of salary packaging options
- School fees discounts for staff whose children attend the school
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work opportunities
- Career and leadership professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Friendly and collegial community to work with
A Working with Children’s Check is mandatory. All potential employees will be required to comply with the College’s Child Safety Code of Conduct and the College’s Child Safety Policy. You will be expected to contribute proactively to a culture of child safety at the College.
A Position Description is available below the advertisement on the College website www.wcc.vic.edu.au.
Your application is to be submitted via the College website - www.wcc.vic.edu.au under the Employment Tab. Applicants are to include a Resume, Letter of Application, Pastoral Reference and complete the screening questions as part of the application process. Applicants will need to provide three references.
Enquiries: (03) 9871 8600
Quoting job number: 2023004
Waverley Christian College is committed to protecting the interests and safety of our students. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. All staff are responsible for the safety, care and wellbeing of children.
You have successfully applied for this job!