Director of Learning Support
Waverley Christian College is a Christian co-educational school from Kinder to Year 12. We have been providing students with a quality Christian educational experience for over 40 years. With campuses in Wantirna South and Narre Warren South, Waverley Christian College has an enrolment of over 2200 students with 400 staff across both campuses in 2023.
The College, working across both our Campuses is seeking a Full Time (FTE 1.0) Director of Learning Support to commence as soon as possible. We are looking for someone who can lead and manage the Learning Enrichment and Program Support (LEAPS) Department. This will involve being responsible for the delivery of quality educational and developmental support through various settings to all students, staff and families from ELC to Year 12. The right candidate will also develop a professional and collaborative approach between LEAPS staff, other departmental staff, College Student Wellbeing Coordinators, parents, and students.
The successful applicant must:
- Be a qualified teacher and hold a current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT)
- Have current First Aid qualifications and Anaphylaxis Certificate or be willing to obtain these prior to commencement
- Be able to show a commitment to the values and ethos of Christian education
- Be willing to get involved in all aspects of the College’s programs and opportunities
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
Some of the benefits of working at Waverley Christian College include:
- Salaries commensurate with the Victorian Government Schools Agreement
- A range of salary packaging options
- School fees discounts for staff whose children attend the school (after 12 months) working more than 0.4 FTE
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work opportunities
- Career and leadership professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Friendly and collegial community to work with
All potential employees will be required to comply with the College’s Child Safety Code of Conduct and the College’s Child Safety Policy. You will be expected to contribute proactively to a culture of child safety at the College.
A Position Description is available below the advertisement on the College website www.wcc.vic.edu.au.
Your application is to be submitted via the College website - www.wcc.vic.edu.au under the Employment Tab. Applicants are to include a Resume, Letter of Application, Pastoral Reference and complete the screening questions as part of the application process. Applicants will also need to provide three references.
Applications close: Thursday, 30th March 2023
Enquiries: (03) 9871 8600
Quoting job number: 2023008
Waverley Christian College is committed to protecting the interests and safety of our students. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. All staff are responsible for the safety, care and wellbeing of children.
You have successfully applied for this job!