All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting a Propulsion Engineer to work on our rockets and send Australia to space!
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position.
- Fluid and mechanical design of test stands for hybrid and liquid rocket engines.
- Develop CAD models and drawings of test stands and rocket engine components.
- Analyse experimental hot fire test data
- Troubleshoot systems and root cause analysis
- Assist/Lead qualification tests of propulsion systems
- Ballistic simulations and simulation tool development for development of orbital class motor
- Support design of catalyst packs, bi-propellant liquid rockets and hybrid rocket motor case design
- Develop written procedures and checklist for orchestrating testing operations
- Develop written procedures for manufacturing test components
- Assist in the assembly and fabrication of motor components, when required
- Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors (BS) degree in an Engineering discipline
- 5+ years of experience in propulsion, mechanical, fluid system design and analysis in a professional setting (excluding internships)
- 3+ years’ experience with CAD designing parts and assemblies
(Onshape preferred, Inventor, CATIA etc.), or
- 3+ years’ experience with at least one commercial FEA or Multiphysics simulation package (ANSYS preferred or NASTRAN, ABAQUS, CFD codes, etc.)
- 3+ years’ hands-on hardware experience performing fabrication, assembly, integration and testing.
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- 3+ years’ experience of professional experience in rocket propulsion
- Knowledge of standards concerning the design of high-pressure fluid systems
- Process or Oil and Gas background highly valued
- Ability to manage large assembly models and drawings
- Solid understanding and application of GD&T
- Ability to work well in an integrated team including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers
- Creative problem solver that can bring multiple disciplines together
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.