Aerothermal Engineer II
Hypersonix is Australia’s leading aerospace engineering, design and build company, specialising in hypersonic technology and scramjet engines with the potential to change the space and aviation industries for good. Our goal is to provide affordable access to green aerospace technologies and systems, to shape a smarter, sustainable future . . . and we need your help!
The Thermal/Structural Engineer at Hypersonix will be responsible for designing and analysing the thermal and structural performance of hypersonic vehicle components and systems. This individual will work closely with a team of engineers and designers to ensure that the thermal and structural integrity of the vehicles is maintained throughout the development process.
- Analyse the thermal and structural performance of hypersonic vehicle components and systems (metallic and composite materials)
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and designers to ensure that the thermal and structural integrity of the vehicles is maintained
- Use computer simulations and analysis tools to evaluate the performance of components and systems under different operating conditions
- Stay up to date on industry trends and technologies to inform decision-making and development efforts
- Contribute to the development of new technologies and processes to improve the performance and efficiency of hypersonic vehicles
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in thermal/structural analysis
- Strong technical background in thermal analysis, including experience with computer simulations and analysis tools
- Strong understanding of heat transfer principles
- An ability to write computer code to calculate engineering parameters
Desired Skills and Experience
Hypersonix recognises that you may not meet all the items in the below list, and that’s ok! If you are a hard-working problem solver who wants to change the world, we encourage you to apply for this role as long as you meet a few of the Desired Skills and Experience.
- A passion for advancing humanity towards ambitious goals
- Strong work ethic and willingness to put in extra effort to deliver amazing results
- Demonstrated exceptional ability in your area of expertise
- Experience with design for manufacture
- Experience with hypersonic research and technology
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high stress environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Click the APPLY link to Fly Faster with Hypersonix!
You have successfully applied for this job!