Systems Engineer II
Hypersonix is Australia’s leading aerospace engineering, design and build company, specialising in hypersonic technology and scramjet engines with the potential to change the space and aviation industries for good. Our goal is to provide affordable access to green aerospace technologies and systems, to shape a smarter, sustainable future . . . and we need your help!
We’re hiring an experienced systems engineer to join the team developing our DART AE vehicle, a hypersonic technology demonstrator. The successful candidate will have an Engineering Degree and 5 years industry experience in an engineering role. The successful candidate will work within a collaborative team of engineers from multiple disciplines. The role involves classical systems engineering activities such as requirements development, system design, system integration and requirements verification. It also includes the opportunity to work closely with equipment suppliers and get hands-on integrating avionics equipment into the vehicle system.
We are looking for a hands-on, enthusiastic individual with a can-do attitude who will fit into a team that are solving complex engineering challenges every day.
- Requirements development and management
- System design for a wide range of systems – avionics, electro-mechanical, gas fuel systems, test equipment
- Supplier interaction
- Integration and testing of avionics equipment
- Development and execution of test plans and procedures
Required Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (aerospace, mechanical, electrical, etc)
- 5 years industry experience in an engineering role (at least 3 in systems engineering)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and complete assigned systems engineering tasks with minimal supervision and guidance
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
Hypersonix recognises that you may not meet all of the items in the below list, and that’s ok! If you are a hard-working problem solver who wants to change the world, we encourage you to apply for this role as long as you meet a few of the Desired Skills and Experience.
- A passion for advancing humanity towards ambitious goals
- Strong work ethic and willingness to put in extra effort to deliver amazing results
- Demonstrated exceptional ability in your area of expertise
- Experience operating in a sector with strong regulatory governance – for example defence, aerospace, medical or transport
- Demonstrated experience (professional or personal) in development, testing or operation of avionics or electrical and electro-mechanical systems. For example, small-scale UAV development or robotics projects.
- Experience with data analysis and budget management
- Demonstrated experience with engineering tools for requirements management, configuration management, quality management and manufacturing systems
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high stress environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Click the APPLY link to Fly Faster with Hypersonix!
You have successfully applied for this job!