Mechanical Engineer II
Hypersonix is Australia’s leading aerospace engineering, design and build company, specialising in hypersonic technology and scramjet engines with the potential to change the space and aviation industries for good. Our goal is to provide affordable access to green aerospace technologies and systems, to shape a smarter, sustainable future . . . and we need your help!
The Mechanical Engineer II at Hypersonix will be responsible for designing and analysing the structures and mechanical systems of hypersonic vehicles. This individual will work closely with a team of engineers and designers to ensure that the mechanical integrity and performance of the vehicles is maintained throughout the development process against aggressive schedules across all products and services.
- Design and analyse the mechanical structures and systems for hypersonic vehicles
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and designers to ensure that the mechanical integrity and performance of the vehicles is maintained
- Use computer simulations and analysis tools to evaluate the performance of components and systems under different operating conditions
- Contribute to the development of new technologies and processes to improve the performance and efficiency of hypersonic vehicles
- Work under the guidance of the Senior/Lead Mechanical Engineer and manage sub-contracted work as required
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in mechanical systems design and simulation in the aerospace sector.
- Strong technical background in mechanical design and analysis, including experience with computer simulations and analysis tools
Desired Skills and Experience
Hypersonix recognises that you may not meet all of the items in the below list, and that’s ok! If you are a hard-working problem solver who wants to change the world, we encourage you to apply for this role as long as you meet a few of the Desired Skills and Experience.
- A passion for advancing humanity towards ambitious goals
- Strong work ethic and willingness to put in extra effort to deliver amazing results
- Demonstrated exceptional ability in your area of expertise
- Experience in actuator design and simulation in the aerospace sector
- Experience with hypersonic technology
- Experience with aircraft design
- Experience with design for production
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- bility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high stress environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you want to Fly Faster with Hypersonix, please submit your resume via the APPLY link.
You have successfully applied for this job!