All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
As the Propulsion Test Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the Head of Propulsion by leading a dedicated test team to ensure the smooth
running of the department and execution of test activities in support of Company goals.
Want to Launch Rockets from Bowen? We’re recruiting a Propulsion Test Engineer to work on our rockets.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Effectively plan, coordinate and lead testing activities in support of company objectives
- Manage and supervise direct reports to safely and effectively execute testing activities in support of company objectives
- Manage the Bowen Orbital Spaceport testing facilities in close coordination with the Launch Site Operations team
- Draft test documentation in accordance with company policy, plans and processes including test plans, readiness reviews, quick looks, review boards and reports
- Support the implementation of quality processes by critically reviewing test plans, procedures, reviews and reports
- Support trouble shooting of hardware and software.
- Execute and review root cause analyses
- Review and design of safety control systems of propulsion test facilities.
- Manage the design, build and maintenance of new test infrastructure and facilities.
- Set up framework for postprocessing data for testing
- Manage procurement of data acquisition systems, sensors as required
- Adhere to budgets and deadlines, seek both cost and time savings with ferocity
- Provide senior influence and support of the development, work allocation of the supporting junior team in liaison with head of propulsion.
- Create document packages for design reviews and contribute as required to test reviews.
- Liaise with the Production department for manufacturing and associated support activities
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors (BS) degree in an engineering discipline
- 10+ years of experience in conducting testing operations
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering
- Knowledge of and experience with adherence to standards
- CPEng/RPEQ (eligible but not obtained may be considered)
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
- Working knowledge or good familiarity of aerospace propulsion systems
- Knowledge of ECSS, Military and NASA aerospace standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Teamwork / Leadership / Interpersonal
- Leadership, motivational and/or negotiating skill. Anticipates and responds to the needs of others
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution skills
- Proven Ability to prioritize and manage work demands and deliver outcomes
- Self-motivated, results oriented with a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety, quality assurance, continuous improvement, and environmental management
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.