All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
As a Test Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting Gilmour Space to ensure the smooth setup, maintenance and operation of test infrastructure.
Want to Launch Rockets from Bowen? We’re recruiting 3x Test Engineers to work on our rockets.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Setup, maintain and operate structural, propulsion and avionics testing as directed
- Complete mechanical setup of test stands, including electrical, pneumatic and fluids connections
- Install instrumentation, including strain gauges, thermocouples, and pressure transducers
- Operate many different types of control software to safely and effectively operate test stands and conduct testing on various test articles
- Support the preparation of documentation for site and test operations including user manuals, procedures, guides, reviews, reports and technical specifications
- Support the recording and tracking of test assets and inventory
- Assist with major lift operations, including rigging and guiding crane lifts
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment and instrumentation as needed
- Assist with the implementation of multiple test stands site wide to streamline processes to increase the reliability of testing operations
- Adhere to and implement all testing processes and procedures safely and to a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Regularly identify and report on safety hazards and risks
- Other duties as requested by Management
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Level 3 Trade qualification in Aerospace, Fitting, or similar trade
- 2+ years of experience working with and troubleshooting mechanical systems (professional work experience or personal project experience will be considered)
- 2+ years of experience using power tools, hand tools, or heavy equipment
- Exceptional time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, team-player and passion for space
- Must be able to pass police background checks
- Must be able to work remotely in the field/outdoors
- Must be able to pass a medical examination
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred OR NV2 Security Clearance eligible
- Experience working with and troubleshooting complex mechanical systems, high pressure fluid/pneumatic systems, or heavy equipment, ideally within the aerospace industry
- Knowledge of temperature, pressure, and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and propulsion engines. Skill in operating and manipulating machinery with great manual dexterity. Experience with forklifts, cranes, and heavy equipment.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a fast-paced, challenging work environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!