All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
The Machinist will support the Lead Machinist to aid with the smooth running of the machining department. They will document and communicate across all stakeholders in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting 2 x Machinists to work on our rockets on our Day Shift 8:30am-5pm and Afternoon Shift from 1:30-9:30pm.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Manufacturing and modifying high quality components suitable for use in an aerospace application
- Carrying out engineering requests that support the development and manufacture of jigs, fixtures, and specialised tooling, ensuring tooling is always in compliance to industry standards
- Ensuring good manufacturing practice always applies whilst providing ongoing maintenance and organization of toolroom equipment
- Interfacing with the engineering team to ensure manufacturing constraints are incorporated in the design process
- Grow the company’s precision manufacturing capability by assessing the appropriate hardware and staff to meet company goals
- Supporting other manufacturing tasks as dictated by the needs of the business
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Trade qualified Toolmaker or Fitter & Turner Machinist
- 5 years’ experience manufacturing precision components using lathes, mills, and general workshop equipment
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience manufacturing components that require a high level of accuracy
- Experience in manufacture of aerospace grade components small and large
- Experience working with a range of materials
- Experience CNC Setting and operating Mills / Lathes
- Ability to read drawings; Job specifications / Instructions
- Current Australian Driver’s License (ability to drive a manual preferred)
- Forklift License (company may provide training)
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!