Data & Control Systems Engineer
All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
The Data & Control Systems Engineer will work with the launch operations teams to develop safe and user-friendly control systems in support of R&D and production testing. This includes designing and maintaining data and control systems consisting of various data acquisition and control hardware, wiring and interface harnesses, and other required instrumentation. To document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position.
- Apply multidisciplinary skills in Mechanical, Electrical, Controls and Software Engineering
- Design SCADA systems in Ignition Automation for real time control and visualization of rocket systems
- Working with PLC control systems via IDEC devices that use ladder programming logic
- Design test systems based on requirements set by the company team that are highly configurable, flexible, and maintainable
- Integrate enterprise solutions that monitor data acquisition, instrumentation, and automated test equipment
- Implement mission critical solutions that coordinate diverse, multivendor, multiplatform tools and technologies
- Assemble and configure automation system hardware
- Design, write, test, deploy, and debug software modules and hardware integration
- Ensure that the leadership team and stakeholders are kept informed of critical path progress of plans and any variations
- Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role (i.e. designing and building industrial control systems)
- Working knowledge of Ignition software
- Exposure to C/C++, electronics, FPGA’s, and embedded programing
- Sound understanding for networking protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP
- Demonstrated familiarity with real-time control
- Experience developing highly configurable and flexible test systems
- Strong understanding of pressure, temperature, and flow measurement instrumentation
- Generate and review detailed schematics, drawings, and instructions
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
You have successfully applied for this job!