All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
The ICT manager is responsible for the smooth operation of Gilmour Space’s systems, including network, servers, applications, desktops & phone systems. This role will work with other decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The ICT manager role will also provide leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives and will oversee all aspects of the organization’s information technology and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Develop and implement an ICT strategy that aligns with the organization's goals and objectives, as well as current information security standards and best practices.
- Identify and assess the organization's ICT needs and provide solutions to meet those needs while ensuring information security requirements are met.
- Manage the design, implementation, and maintenance of ICT infrastructure, hardware, software, and applications with an emphasis on security, risk management and budgetary requirements of the business.
- Design, develop, implement, and periodically review ICT policies and procedures.
- Monitor and manage the performance, availability, and security of ICT systems and services, and implement controls to ensure compliance with security standards and regulations.
- Develop and manage the ICT budget, including forecasting, cost management and purchasing of IT related HW/SW.
- Provide leadership, guidance, support, and assistance to the ICT team and ensure that team and employees understand and comply with information security policies and procedures.
- Manage the ICT procurement process and liaise with equipment and service providers to identify hardware / software for purchase, obtain quotes, prepare purchase requests, place orders, receive and allocate HW/SW, manage invoices.
- Report on ICT operations, projects, and security incidents
- Work with the Human Resources team to grow the Gilmour Space team as required.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, Information Technology, Cyber Security, business administration or a related field.
- Proven experience in managing ICT systems and services in a complex environment with an emphasis on information security.
- Minimum of 5 years in a senior IT leadership position.
- Strong knowledge of ICT infrastructure, hardware, software, and applications, as well as information security standards and best practices.
- Evidence of exceptional ability
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional certifications such as ITIL, PMP, CISSP, or CISM are desirable.
- Experience in managing a team of ICT professionals and providing mentorship and coaching.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement an ICT strategy that aligns with organizational goals and objectives.
- Experience in developing and managing an ICT budget and forecasting information security initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to support and manage the IT needs of R&D departments, while ensuring IT security measures are adhered to.
- Experience with technological Start Up / SMB / Enterprise is desirable.
- Practical experience with one of the security frameworks: NIST/Essential 8/ISO27001 highly desirable.
Teamwork / Leadership / Interpersonal
- Experience managing and/or directing an IT operation.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution skills
- Proven Ability to prioritize and manage work demands and deliver outcomes.
- Self-motivated, results oriented with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety, quality assurance, continuous improvement, and environmental management.
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
You have successfully applied for this job!