All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting 3 x Structures Technicians to work on our rockets on our afternoon shift.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Modification, repair, assembly, and installation of the rocket structures.
- Use tooling holes, pilot holes, or by hand (as required), per drawing or tooling instructions.
- Align parts and secure in place using clecos or tooling/hand clamps.
- Check for good edge margins and alignment.
- Shim and/or trim parts as required.
- Select drill bits, reamers and/or countersinking tools for pilot and full size holes.
- Locate, drill pilot holes using drill motor and proper size drill bit(s).
- Drill, ream, countersink full size holes in parts/assemblies, in proper sequence and to correct size using drill motor.
- Set countersinking tools to proper depth as required.
- Disassemble parts and deburr holes using chip chasers, deburring tools, and files to prepare for installation of fasteners.
- Use solvents to clean surfaces prior to sealing or assembly.
- Apply sealant, alodine, primer, adhesives, special finishes.
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner.
- Determine and obtain correct type and size fasteners.
- Install fasteners in correct sequence per drawing, using correct tools (e.g., rivet gun and bucking bar, drill motor, power screwdriver, C-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut runner).
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure it is complete per drawing
- Other duties as requested by Management
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Level 3 Trade qualification in Aerospace, Fitting, or similar trade
- 3+ years of experience in the aerospace, manufacturing, marine or automotive industry
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Experience gained through the military or within an aviation manufacturing company.
- High-volume manufacturing experience.
- Experience drilling, reaming, honing and/or countersinking straight and close tolerance holes.
- Experience using various types of hand tools and/or hand-held power tools, floor-mounted power tools and precision measuring tools.
- Experience making basic layouts on parts or assemblies in order to establish reference points and to check dimensions.
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings, blueprints, and specifications.
- Experience operating computing equipment.
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!