Hypersonix is Australia’s leading aerospace engineering, design and build company, specialising in hypersonic technology and scramjet engines with the potential to change the space and aviation industries for good. Our goal is to provide affordable access to green aerospace technologies and systems, to shape a smarter, sustainable future . . . and we need your help!
The Mechanical Engineer II at Hypersonix will be responsible for designing and analysing the structures and mechanical systems of hypersonic vehicles. This individual will work closely with a team of engineers and designers to ensure that the mechanical integrity and performance of the vehicles is maintained throughout the development process against aggressive schedules across all products and services.
- Design and analyse the mechanical structures and systems for hypersonic vehicles
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and designers to ensure that the mechanical integrity and performance of the vehicles is maintained
- Use computer simulations and analysis tools to evaluate the performance of components and systems under different operating conditions
- Contribute to the development of new technologies and processes to improve the performance and efficiency of hypersonic vehicles
- Work under the guidance of the Senior/Lead Mechanical Engineer and manage sub-contracted work as required
We take a flexible approach to hiring with the focus being on finding great quality talent so if you don’t meet all of the items in the below list, but are a hard-working problem solver who wants to change the world, we encourage you to still apply for this role.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience in mechanical systems design and simulation in the aerospace sector.
- Strong technical background in mechanical design and analysis, including experience with computer simulations and analysis tools.
- Experience with aircraft design.
- Experience with design for production.
- A Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- A passion for advancing humanity towards ambitious goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and willingness to put in extra effort to deliver amazing results.
- Demonstrated exceptional ability in your area of expertise.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high stress environments
- Experience with hypersonic technology, desirable.
- Experience in actuator design and simulation in the aerospace sector, desirable.
Why Choose Us?
We are proud of our curious, smart and ambitious team. Hypersonix is an exciting company to work for and we are the perfect place for switched on individuals, who are able to work in a fast-paced environment (literally). We look for people with a can-do attitude who are ambitious to disrupt the Aerospace industry with us. We are constantly innovating and we deeply care about the meaningful work we do. And we are almost ready to go.
Benefits on offer include:
- Competitive salary.
- Generous Employee Share Scheme.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Supportive, inclusive, passionate, dedicated team.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.