All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to be part of a team that builds rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting a Quality Engineer II to work on our rockets.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Monitoring and implementing quality assurance and control processes to improve governance compliance and effectiveness.
- Identify, develop, and implement improvement opportunities.
- Developing quality systems that focus on consistent and sustainable manufacturing outcomes.
- Implementing quality to systems to gain or maintain accreditation with relevant bodies.
- Identify and raise Non-Conformances and manage stakeholders deliverables to closure.
- Lead and facilitate formal Root-Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions.
- Monitoring, trending and reporting of Non-Conformance and performance.
- Represent Gilmour Space during External Audit.
- Prepare audit reports summarising production and quality issues together with recommend corrective actions.
- Practice and promote two-way communication within the Quality team.
- Engage in open, honest and timely communication across the business focussing on two- way communication to better achieve business goals.
- Collaborate across business functions in support of implementing quality practices in workflows.
- Assist Launch Operations and Mission Management during launch permit application.
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering
- Experience in a Quality role within a regulated sector and accredited business e.g. AS9100D, TS16949, ISO13485.
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with working exposure to best practice e.g. LEAN, 6σ etc.
- 2+ years’ experience with CAD designing parts and assemblies (Solid works preferred, Inventor, CATIA etc.)
- Demonstrated professional leadership experience on projects or structured activities
- Ability to work well in an integrated team including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers
- Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication and documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!