All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new role has emerged for an Electrical Engineer to support the Electrical Engineering team in the Software, Electrical, GNC and Avionics department. As an Experienced Electrical Engineer, you will be required to work alongside engineers and technicians alike, contributing to the delivery of advanced launch vehicle power and electrical sub-systems as well as complex electrical ground infrastructure and control systems. You will work alongside a high performing team in activities throughout the entire engineering lifecycle, from scoping to design, prototyping, qualification and through to manufacture, integration and operation. Document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position.
- Work alongside a team of talented engineers by developing complex power, electrical and control systems
- Conduct technical analysis, design and sizing of launch vehicle and ground support power systems
- Contribute to the computer-aided design (CAD) of electrical harnesses and units for the launch vehicle, associated integration and test systems and ground-support systems
- Supervise the manufacture, test and integration of electrical harnesses and units
- Participate in development reviews, investigations, modifications, and repairs related to launch vehicle harnesses, power and other electrical systems.
- Provide input, direction and support of schedules, resourcing and work allocation for the department
- Ensure a very high standard of department engineering activities whilst maintaining efficient high paced output through application of balanced process, education, communication and delegated accountability
- Support a range of complex test activities to required policies and standards
- Support launch vehicle ground test, launch and mission operations
- Ensure department engineering activities and documentation are conducted in accordance with Gilmour Space policies, plans and procedures
- Possess and provide an understanding of Australian electrical regulatory requirements
- Liaise and develop relationships with suppliers and manufacturing subcontractors.
- Work across our multidisciplinary team including other engineering, technical and operational disciplines • Act as a mentor to junior engineers, where appropriate • Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of demonstrated expertise with the design, analysis, development, test and operation of Electrical Engineering
- Bachelors (BS) degree in an engineering discipline sufficient to satisfy the requirements for membership with Engineers Australia (MIEAust)
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred.
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Experience developing electrical actuators, batteries, harnesses, high voltage power electronics or industrial SCADA systems
- Familiarity of the Australian Electrical Standards and Codes
- Experience with the computer-aided design (CAD) of electrical harnesses and units
- Demonstrated engineering experience within the space, aerospace or automotive industry
- Experience with the integration and test of commercial off the shelf (COTS) equipment
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems with little to no supervision, as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Ability to work in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment with a desire and willingness to assist other team members in the general day to day running of the department
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
You have successfully applied for this job!