Waverley Christian College is a culturally diverse Christian co-educational school seeking to offer students a vibrant and quality Christian educational experience. We seek to provide a dynamic learning environment where children are inspired to develop their God-given abilities in an atmosphere of genuine love, care and support. With campuses in Wantirna South and Narre Warren South, Waverley Christian College has an enrolment of over 2200 students with 350 staff across both campuses in 2023.
The Head of Primary is a member of the Senior Management Team and is responsible to the Head of Campus for the oversight and management of the Primary School at Wantirna South Campus. The Head of Primary is committed to the College’s Christian ethos and values and will provide leadership in the day-to-day management of staff, students, curriculum and activities of the Primary School. This is a full-time position commencing in January 2024, after the retirement of our well-regarded current Head of Primary at the end of 2023.
With a clear strategic plan, a Positive Education and wellbeing focus, we are looking for an individual who:
- Has a clearly articulated, lived strong personal faith
- Has a collegial, inspirational and capable educational leadership approach
- Demonstrates excellent academic and well-regarded leadership credentials
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to positive leadership
- Enjoys a continuous improvement approach to enhance the learning experiences, outcomes and instil a love of learning in primary students.
Some of the benefits of working at Waverley Christian College include:
- A generous salary package commensurate with the Victorian Government Educational Sector, including a fully maintained motor vehicle
- A range of salary packaging options
- School fees discounts for staff whose children attend the school (after 12 months)
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work opportunities
- Career and leadership professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Friendly and collegial community to work with
A commitment to the values and ethos of Christian education is essential. A Working with Children’s Check is mandatory. All potential employees will be required to comply with the College’s Child Safety Code of Conduct and the College’s Child Safety Policy. You will be expected to proactively lead a culture of child safety at the College.
Waverley Christian College is an equal-opportunity employer.
A Position Description is available below the advertisement on the College website www.wcc.vic.edu.au.
Applicants will need to attach a Cover Letter, Resume, and written Pastoral Reference during the application process. Please prepare these documents before applying.
Applications close: Friday 23 June 2023
For a confidential conversation please contact David Lepileo, on +61 3 9871 8600
Job number: 2023019
Waverley Christian College is committed to protecting the interests and safety of our students. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. All staff are responsible for the safety, care and wellbeing of children.
Please apply via the job advertisement on our College website.