Hypersonix is Australia’s leading aerospace engineering, design and build company, specialising in hypersonic technology and scramjet engines with the potential to change the space and aviation industries for good. Our goal is to provide affordable access to green aerospace technologies and systems, to shape a smarter, sustainable future . . . and we need your help!
You will be able to use your initiative to work under broad direction and policy control to lead a team to provide professional engineering expertise to support the achievement of
The Engineering Manager will oversee Hypersonix engineering operations, ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of company strategic objectives. The Engineering Manager will enhance the company's operating capabilities by executing strategies to maximize output while maintaining high standards of quality against aggressive schedules across all products and services. The Engineering Manager will oversee all technical disciplines from a management perspective, with the Head of each Discipline reporting directly.
- Lead and manage a team of engineers in the design and development of hypersonic vehicles
- Collaborate with the CTO and other key stakeholders to define and ensure that engineering outcomes align with business goals
- Oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of engineering projects including for flight vehicle design, assembly & testing.
- Own, develop and manage Engineering management plans, Configuration Management plans, engineering tools & processes, review & approval processes, job hazard analysis for assembly/testing, QA plans and processes (e.g. FRACAS, FRB/MRB, NCR)
- Recruitment of necessary engineering staff. Develop engineering skills plan identify required skills, gaps, plan to address gaps.
- Plan and execute engineering design reviews
Skills, experience and qualifications needed to be successful in this role include:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or STEM discipline.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Project Management Professional (PMP), or similar, desirable.
- RPEQ (or willingness and eligibility to attain).
- Previous experience (circa 5+ years) in an engineering, business, or operations management role at a fast-paced, complex organization.
- Experience with inventory, production, and capacity planning (including MRP/ERP systems).
- Experience in planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Experience with data analysis and budget management.
- Experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Excellent leadership, communication, agility in decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make business projections at least three years into the future.
- A passion for advancing humanity towards ambitious goals.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to put in extra effort to deliver amazing results.
- Demonstrated exceptional ability in your area of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage complex projects.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why Choose Us?
We are proud of our curious, smart, and ambitious team. Hypersonix is an exciting company to work for and we are the perfect place for switched-on individuals, who are able to work in a fast-paced environment (literally). We look for people with a can-do attitude who are ambitious to disrupt the Aerospace industry with us. We are constantly innovating and we deeply care about the meaningful work we do. And we are almost ready to go.
Benefits on offer include:
- Competitive salary.
- Employee Share Scheme
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Supportive, inclusive, passionate, dedicated team.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below.
You have successfully applied for this job!