All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Are you a passionate Defence Security Officer looking for that next opportunity as well as progress your current knowledge in Cyber Security? Well, an exciting new role has emerged for a Security Officer (DISP & Cyber) to progress a security program and cybersecurity capability for the organisation. The Security Officer will be responsible for Security Operations, Assessment and Reporting including assisting cyber security capabilities and processes.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Develop and implement security policies and plans
- Be accountable for ensuring obligations for Defence Industry Principles Framework (DISP) policy documents are met
- Ensure the company complies with the relevant obligations, policy and procedures in relation to security
- Ensure an appropriate system of risk, oversight and management are obtained
- Issue reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitating security/threat awareness training of personnel
- Report security incidents and fraud incidents, and contact reports
- Actively monitor and manage the ongoing suitability of sponsored security cleared personnel including their security attitudes and behaviours
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of systems, procedures, methods and tools, adapting processes and techniques as required, to facilitate efficient cyber security controls in line with Gilmour’s standards, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as necessary and requested by Management.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience in a Security Officer, Security Advisor or Supply Chain Risk Management Advisor position
- Demonstrated knowledge of introductory Information Security and/or Cyber Security principles and concepts
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Strong sense of initiative
- Exceptional communication skills both oral and written
- Understanding/Experience working with the Defence Industry Principles Framework (DSPF)
- Awareness/experience working with cyber security frameworks such as ISO 27001 or NIST
- Experience with Data Loss Protection (DLP)
- Managing overall DISP Governance and Physical, Personnel and Information & Cyber Security compliance
- Producing Security Standing Orders and site risk assessments for site/s
- Understanding/experience working with the CoA Information Security Manual (ISM).
- Experience in planning and managing security assistance operations
- Experience in conducting profile specific security risk assessments.
- Ability to critically analyse multiple streams of information under time pressure and produce actionable insights.
- Proven ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical and non security focused people.
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.