A loving and active family in Hampton, Victoria are seeking a kind, bubbly and nurturing nanny to care for their two happy and playful children, aged 3 (B) and 1 (G)
The days and normal hours are:- 3 days (flexible on which days) nanny picks 3 days which suit -24 hours
Monday 8am – 4pm
Wednesday 8am – 4pm
Thursday 8am – 4pm
An ideal nanny would be caring, responsible and fun. A nanny that is open to engaging and having fun with the children, spending time outdoors and providing stimulating and creative activities. A nanny that is reliable and honest and can follow routines.
Experience working with young children is paramount for this role. Additionally, one of the children has food allergies/celiac, so being diligent in checking food and competent in food preparation and safety is important.
The role will consist of mostly caring for the two children. Additionally, some light household duties, preparation of snacks and meals for the children, tidying up of play areas, children’s laundry, walks to the park, shops & cafes, kindy drop off/pick ups for the eldest child who attends kindy on a Thursday and contributing to the smooth running of the household.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- To care for the children
- Follow the children’s routines
- Kindy drop offs / pick ups
- Play and engage age appropriate creative activities to assist in the children’s development
- Preparation of meals and snacks for the children
- Indoor/outdoor play
- Assist with some light household duties (vacuuming, unpack dishwasher, children’s laundry
- Generally keeping main areas clean and tidy
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- 3 years experience as a nanny or working in child care
- Childcare qualification
- Experience caring for babies and toddlers
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Display strong communication skills and speak English.
- To be fit, healthy, active and enjoys spending time outdoors
- Kind, Calm and Nurturing
- Honest and Reliable
- Must be able to swim
- Non smoking
- Drivers Licence preferred but not essential