Hypersonix is Australia’s leading aerospace engineering, design and build company, specialising in hypersonic technology and scramjet engines with the potential to change the space and aviation industries for good. Our goal is to provide affordable access to green aerospace technologies and systems, to shape a smarter, sustainable future . . . and we need your help!
The Avionics Engineer will work on the selection, development, integration and qualification of all avionics systems in the Dart vehicle, as well as associated support systems. They will also supervise and mentor junior engineers as part of the engineering team, and be an active member of the flight test team.
- Develop and review requirements for avionics systems, with a strong focus on Flight Test Instrumentation and Telemetry systems
- Assist with requirements derivation and system design for the complete DART vehicle
- Perform trade studies to select COTS equipment, or oversee development of bespoke items where required
- Work with suppliers and partners, leading technical interactions in your areas of expertise
- Set to work avionics systems and characterise them for modelling and verification purposes
- Perform systems integration, troubleshoot and confirm systems are ready for vehicle assembly
- Plan and conduct verification testing for systems, including environmental testing
- Operate within a defined engineering management system
- Supervise junior engineering staff to perform delegated activities and grow the engineering capability of the company
We take a flexible approach to hiring with the focus being on finding great quality talent so if you don’t meet all of the items in the below list, but are a hard-working problem solver who wants to change the world, we encourage you to still apply for this role.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or STEM discipline
- 5+ years of engineering experience working with embedded electronic systems
- Experience or detailed knowledge of instrumentation and telemetry systems
- Demonstrated experience of independent problem solving and resolution of technical issues
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high stress environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for advancing humanity towards ambitious goals
- Strong work ethic and willingness to put in extra effort to deliver amazing results
- Demonstrated exceptional ability in your area of expertise.
- Industry experience working with external regulatory requirements (aerospace, rail, medical), desirable.
- Experience participating in flight test campaigns, desirable.
Why Choose Us?
We are proud of our curious, smart and ambitious team. Hypersonix is an exciting company to work for and we are the perfect place for switched on individuals, who are able to work in a fast-paced environment (literally). We look for people with a can-do attitude who are ambitious to disrupt the Aerospace industry with us. We are constantly innovating and we deeply care about the meaningful work we do. And we are almost ready to go.
Benefits on offer include:
- Competitive salary.
- Generous Employee Share Scheme.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Supportive, inclusive, passionate, dedicated team.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.