Waverley Christian College is a Christian co-educational school from Kinder to Year 12. We have been providing students with a quality Christian educational experience for over 40 years. With campuses in Wantirna South and Narre Warren South, Waverley Christian College will have an enrolment of over 2200 students with 400 staff across both campuses in 2024.
The Narre Warren South Campus is seeking a full-time Secondary Science Teacher (FTE 1.0) to commence in January 2024. This is an ongoing position.
The successful applicant must:
- Be a qualified teacher and hold a current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT)
- Be able to teach - VCE Biology, VCE Chemistry, Junior Science
- Have current First Aid qualifications and Anaphylaxis Certificate or be willing to obtain these prior to commencement.
- Be able to show a commitment to the values and ethos of Christian education.
- Be willing to get involved in all aspects of the College’s programs and opportunities.
- Have high level communication and interpersonal skills.
Some of the benefits of working at Waverley Christian College include:
- A range of salary packaging options
- School fees discounts for staff whose children attend the school (after 12 months) working more than 0.4 FTE
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work opportunities
- Career and leadership professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Friendly and collegial community to work with
All potential employees will be required to comply with the College’s Child Safety Code of Conduct and the College’s Child Safety Policy. You will be expected to contribute proactively to a culture of child safety at the College.
A Position Description is available below the advertisement on the College website www.wcc.vic.edu.au.
Your application is to be submitted via the College website - www.wcc.vic.edu.au under the Careers Tab. Applicants are to include a Resume, Letter of Application, Pastoral Reference and complete the screening questions as part of the application process. Applicants will also need to provide three references.
Applications close: Tuesday, 26th September 2023
Enquiries: (03) 9871 8600
Quoting job number: 2023045
Waverley Christian College is committed to protecting the interests and safety of our students. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. All staff are responsible for the safety, care and wellbeing of children.