StateCover’s purpose is to keep people safe, well and working. We are the Mutual insurer of choice for NSW councils, founded 22 years ago by Members, for Members. We provide 132 local government entities with workers compensation insurance solutions, safety and wellbeing services and are trusted as their workforce risk and wellbeing experts for their 38,000 workers.
This role will see you deliver quality, fee-based and value-add Return to Work consulting products and services to meet the unique and diverse needs of our Members. This will include (but is not limited to):
- Providing technical guidance on best practice injury management, return to work, and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
- Supporting training development and delivery.
- Assuming the role of return-to-work coordinator for Members as needed, addressing absences, recruitment gaps, or when additional resourcing is required.
- Creating and delivering strategic services with a focus on improving employer capability and compliance, including auditing.
- Cultivating strong relationships with Members, regulatory bodies, and internal stakeholders to foster effective collaboration and drive positive return to work outcomes for injured/ill workers, our Members, and the Mutual.
- Tertiary qualifications in allied health or previous return to work or case management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of current workers compensation legislation and policy
- A valid drivers licence and the willingness to travel within New South Wales to provide face-to-face support to Members as appropriate
- A Certificate IV in Assessment and Training (or willingness to obtain) would be highly regarded, as would previous experience as a training facilitator
In addition to meeting the essential requirements, our ideal candidate for the role will demonstrate:
- A strong work ethic and a genuine interest in working with employers to support return to work outcomes
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders
We seek to provide our people a career, not just a job. When you join us, you'll have access to training and development opportunities, a wide range of benefits, reward and recognition programs, social club plus a competitive salary package. Our office in Sydney is just across the road from major public transport links and we also offer hybrid working arrangements, career progression and a chance to work with an inclusive, supportive team where you are set up to succeed.
Get in touch today! We do require our employees to have permanent work rights in Australia and we will of course treat your application with the strictest confidence. We have a genuine commitment to an inclusive and diverse workplace and welcome applications from all those who feel they meet the needs of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, background screening including reference checking will be required.