All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
The Graduate Manufacturing Engineer supports the fast-paced manufacturing and test of Launch Vehicle and satellite hardware through the development and optimisation of all aspects of manufacturing activities, including but not limited to manufacturing best practices, introduction of process improvement and enhancement across all areas of production. They will document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Prepare engineering documentation necessary for the transition from development to production including manufacturing processes, standards, assembly procedures, test procedures, standard operating procedures, bills of materials, suitable alternate parts lists and mechanical drawings
- Perform structured root cause analysis of in-process failures
- Resolving technical issues and actively providing constructive technical feedback
and recommendations to ensure robust, manufacturable products.
- Manufacturing tooling design and validation
- Process mapping and capturing current ways of work; highlighting and implementing improvement projects.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering team with implementation of new processes and projects.
- Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or closely related areas.
- Proficiency with common industry CAD packages (SolidWorks, OnShape, Inventor etc.)
- Ability to read and generate engineering drawings.
Position Description – Graduate Manufacturing Engineer
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Internships or placements within a highly regulated manufacturing industry (Aerospace, Medical etc.) will be highly regarded.
- Ability to work well in an integrated team including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers.
- Creative problem solver that can bring multiple disciplines together.
- Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication and
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.