All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Do you love space and Satellites? Well look no further as we are hiring for a Program Manager (Satellites) to contribute towards the achievement of the company’s overall business objectives by leading Gilmour Space satellite programs and ensuring alignment to the company’s strategic direction.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch - Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Lead all aspects of the Gilmour Space satellite programs from conceptual and detailed mission design through integration, test, launch, and coordination of on-orbit operations.
- Support proposal efforts to align new efforts with long-term strategic vision and to ensure contract requirements are executable.
- Manage schedule, budget, and documentation for multiple satellite programs throughout the entire development and operational lifecycle.
- Be primary point of contact for customer to resolve issues, negotiate requirements, coordinate technical and programmatic changes, and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Plan and lead customer reviews through cross-company coordination, developing and briefing technical content on complex designs, trade studies, risks, and issues.
- Prepare, coordinate, and chair presentations and design reviews.
- Collaborate with product engineering groups to understand spacecraft readiness and how changes impact requirements, development and operational risks, CONOPs, and launch dates.
- Lead a small, agile team to ensure all technical requirements are met.
- Work with the Human Resource Department in the recruitment, training, and performance evaluation of employees.
- Provide leadership, motivation, and direction in the day to day running of employees reporting to this position, ensuring it is managed effectively by setting clear targets/KPI’s and monitoring these in line with expectations.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Direct experience or someone who has significantly contributed to at least 2 spacecraft build and operations life cycles
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- 5+ years of experience in satellite development
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and deliver reliable and expeditious results across multiple parallel priorities
- Self-motivated, results oriented with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience in strategy, development, and execution of plans/projects
- Strong interpersonal communications skills with internal and external entities
- Working experience of ERP systems (SAP, Fishbowl, other)
- Spacecraft mission design and/or development, integration and test experience
- Previous management or program leadership experience
- Strong penchant for innovation in process improvement and system design
- Positive, "can-do" attitude and ability to work in a very high paced and dynamic environment
- Well-developed negotiating or conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written skills
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation/requirements
- Advance level in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety, quality assurance, continuous improvement, and environmental management
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.