All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to work on our rockets.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Both support and lead new process design to ensure flow through facility to meet launch vehicle cadence.
- Participate and own the planning, preparing, and running trials of new and existing equipment, technologies, and processes.
- Create document packages for equipment design reviews and ensure cross functional buy off on equipment is achieved.
- Lead all design and commissioning activities of equipment to ensure performance characteristics are met.
- Ensure equipment is handed over to production fit for purpose and in line with all safety regulatory requirements.
- Project management of supplies to ensure delivery of equipment on time and to budget.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors (BS) degree in an engineering discipline
- 8+ year’s relevant experience in developing or implementing new manufacturing technologies.
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
We recognise you may not meet all of the below, but don’t let that deter you. We are always looking for hard workers to join our team, so what are you waiting for? Let’s send Australia to space!
- Sound knowledge of relevant safety standards
- Proficient in CAD and ability to interpret technical drawings
- Ability to work with internal and external resources to solve problems and implement manufacturing solutions
- Experience in delivering projects from R&D development to factory implementation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.