All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Want to build rockets on the Gold Coast? We’re recruiting an Electrical Engineer Graduate to support the Electrical Engineering activities in the Software, Electrical, GNC and Avionics department. As a junior engineer, you will be required to work alongside fellow engineers as well as the wider organisation, contributing to the product development and R&D activities associated with delivering an orbital class launch vehicle. You will work as part of a high performing team throughout the entire engineering lifecycle, from initial scoping to requirements definition, design, procurement, manufacture, testing, assembly and operations. You will be required to produce documentation and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Contributing as part of a team of Electrical Engineers to deliver Electrical products and services
- Participate in the development of Electrical engineering designs, processes and activities
- To undertake accountability as a Responsible Engineer for Electrical units
- Conduct technical assessments, including: concept studies, trade studies, analysis of COTS solutions and estimates for Research and Development
- Adhering to and participating in product development engineering product processes involving: requirements definition, preliminary / detailed design, review, procurement / manufacture, assembly, integration, verification / validation and operations
- Supporting Electrical unit and integration testing and operations (may include travel to remote sites)
- Support investigations, troubleshooting, modifications and fixes / repairs
- Support execution of Research and Development activities
- Supporting Avionics engineering production activities associated with the Launch Vehicle product lines
- Coordinating with the Mechanical, Propulsion and Production engineering departments
- Engaging with the Satellite, Launch Site and Defence programs, as well as external suppliers, subcontractors and stakeholders
- Ensuring that engineering activities are conducted and documented in accordance with Gilmour Space policies, plans and procedures
- Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering, or a relevant qualification
- Ability to operate in dynamic, fast paced environments
- Demonstrated resilience in high stress situations
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity developing and manufacturing harnesses
- Familiarity creating standalone units from electrical COTS parts (batteries, motor controllers, power distribution units, etc.)
- Familiarity with PCB development
- Familiarity with Mechanical Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Familiarity developing Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition solutions
- Familiarity with industrial safety critical/real time control applications
- Strong understanding of pressure, temperature and flow measurement instrumentation
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.