Buttabone Irrigation is a 4,400 Ha property located approximately 40kms north of the regional hub Warren, NSW. Originally developed for irrigation, it has in more recent years been utilised for dryland winter crop production and opportunistic irrigated cropping. The approval of a significant floodplain harvesting licence has created an exciting opportunity for a suitably motivated individual to be closely involved in planning and developing the property to reach its full potential while building their own team from the ground up.
Success in this role will see you driving productivity across all commodities by creating efficiencies through simplifying ways of working and operations while developing and empowering your team to grow their skill set and take on more responsibility and accountability. A proactive approach to natural capital management, implementation of high environmental protection and soil development standards and building an engaged and safe culture will see you well rewarded and recognised as a high performing leader.
To be considered for this position, you will need to demonstrate proven experience in both the commercial and technical aspects of a dryland and irrigated enterprise, including:
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Experience in all aspects of dryland and irrigated farming
- Proven capability as a people leader that can plan, drive and execute high levels of performance and effectively manage their team
- The ability to act and show leadership in a diverse regional team, within a corporate structure and the local community
- Business management skills including working knowledge of commodity supply chains, capital expenditure, budgets, and forecasting
- Sound written reporting, presentation, and computer skills (MS office)
The position reports to the Regional Cropping Manager and is supported by a dedicated Business Analyst and other key experts and professionals located in our office in Orange.
An attractive remuneration package including market competitive base salary plus short- and long-term incentives, housing and associated benefits will be offered.
For further information please visit our website www.paraway.com.au or call Jack Brennan 0429 332 026.
Applications close 10th December 2023.