All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Seeking an accounts payable officer with strong experience in accounts payable to record and verify day-to-day financial transactions and manage the accounts payable function. Document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures. The role is a full-time on-site position.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Process accounts payable and similar tasks in a timely manner.
- Reconciliations of vendor accounts;
- Verify transactions are recorded in the correct accounts and appropriately coded and matched with purchase orders
- Investigate outstanding invoices and liaise with the business to resolve discrepancies that may be holding up invoice payment
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Enter data, maintain records, assist in reconciling banking and other accounting transactions.
- Process employee expense claims in a timely manner
- Liaise and build relationships with vendors and internal stakeholders
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years proven experience in managing an accounts payable function
- Strong understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principals
- Solid understanding of Xero accounting system advantageous.
- ApprovalMax/Kyocera desirable but not essential.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- National Police Check essential.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum qualification of Cert IV Bookkeeping (FNS40217 / Accounting (FNS40222)
- Experience in pursuing employees and suppliers for documentation to substantiate expenditures paid
- The ability to work independently and part of teams.
- The ability to meet deadlines
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspacetech.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.