All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Are you a Welder looking for a new challenge? Perhaps welding rocket parts? Well, an exciting new opportunity has emerged for a Welder to support the manufacturing team to deliver launch vehicles and satellites by executing quality and timely welding and other fabrication tasks. The welder will document and communicate across all stakeholders in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Weld, assemble, and fabricate various metal structures and sub-assembly components
- Read and interpret technical drawings, and follow detailed work instructions
- Meet tasking targets set by supervisor
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure it is complete per drawing
- Operate forklifts, cranes, and heavy equipment
- Perform blending, filing, and shearing of sheet metal piece parts
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Level 3 Trade Qualification in Welding
- Certificate no. 7 GTAW
- Certificate no. 8G GMAW
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 2 + years of welding experience
- 5+ years of experience in welding with one or more of the following materials: stainless steel, carbon steel, Inconel, aluminium or titanium
- Experience with aerospace TIG welding
- Proficient in blueprint reading and lay out
- Knowledge and experience completing welds that pass visual before being X-rayed or dye penned
- Experience with overhead cranes and forklifts
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.