All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
Gilmour Space is hiring for an IT Service Lead to collaborate effectively with the cross functional teams and the IT Support staff to maintain Gilmour’s IT systems and provide technical support to help users resolve issues with computer technologies. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting, and actively resolving end user service requests and incidents and will involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as providing in-person, hands-on help at the desktop and system level.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Lead, mentor and be the initial escalation point for the IT Support staff within the Service Management team in providing technical assistance to all users and liaise complex requests/incidents to the Systems Administration team.
- Monitor service desk performance including accuracy and completeness of tickets.
- Work with the IT team to optimise and improve internal processes and procedures and contribute to the development and ongoing maintenance of the ICT support documentation.
- Field incoming help requests from end users and provide exceptional support experience to internal staff (Level1/2 user and systems support) both on-premises and remotely.
- Troubleshoot HW/SW related issues in timely manners.
- Install and configure various HW/SW (desktops, servers, switches, routers, Aps, printers etc.)
- Provision HW/SW, licenses and keep asset inventory up to date.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Develop, test, and deliver new systems and solutions.
- Assist with on/off-boarding of employees.
- Assist with purchasing HW/SW where required.
- Assist with research on latest technology and solutions.
- Intra-state travel (for up to 2 weeks) may be required to support launch site operations.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor in IT related field, system engineering or system administration and /or a Minimum of four (4) years hands-on IT lead experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing junior team members.
- Evidence of outstanding results and desire to become a star on our journey to Orbit.
- Experience of provisioning desktop/laptop/mobile hardware/software plus basic user & security group Active Directory administration as well as security apps and VPN. Previous experience of hosted desktop applications and Office 365 environment is highly beneficial.
- Demonstrable knowledge and troubleshooting experience of TCP/IP networks and Microsoft based operating systems, enterprise applications (e.g. Exchange, Teams) and desktop applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Visio) ideally in both an on-premise and cloud environment.
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies and a strive for continuous improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong support-focused mindset.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 2+ year Service lead experience in a corporate or MSP environment.
- High-level written and communication skills.
- Understanding of LAN environments & VoIP.
- Knowledge in SharePoint and other online information systems.
- Experience with mobile platforms (iOS/Android) and MDM/MAM tools.
- Familiar with ITIL framework and best practices.
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred.
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.