All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
We are hiring for a Deputy Head of Satellites to help drive the company’s overall business goals by supporting the Head of SEGA & Satellites to ensuring programmatic alignment with Gilmour Space strategic and operational objectives. To assist in directing a talented cross-functional team to deliver results against aggressive schedules, tight budgets, and occasional changes in strategic direction.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Work with key stakeholders to manage the overall performance of all program-related efforts
- Assist in managing schedule, budget, and documentation for satellite programs throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Manage and continually evaluate programmatic costs
- Communicate program goals internally and ensure appropriate assignment of resources
- Follow the progress of internal and external activities to ensure timelines are met
- Support regular review meetings with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate and communicate progress and issues
- Support the coordination of regular system engineering design reviews
- Actively consult with relevant people and departments to ensure program activities are achieved and issues are resolved quickly
- Provide additional reporting as required by the Program Manager
- Work with the Human Resource Department in the recruitment and training of program staff
- Other duties as requested or reasonably required by Management
- Provide leadership, motivation, and direction in the day to day running of employees reporting to this position, ensuring it is managed effectively by setting clear targets/KPI’s and monitoring these in line with expectations.
- To manage performance of the team, ensuring that any shortfalls in performance are managed and reported.
- To ensure all workers are inducted and operate to the company’s policies/procedures including casuals, contractors & visitors on site
- To complete Performance Appraisals in line with Gilmour Space policy and procedures
- To ensure that the team receive adequate training and development necessary to meet the needs of the business
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related fields
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Excellent knowledge of program management processes
- Experience in strategy, development, and execution of plans/projects
- Working experience of ERP systems (SAP, Fishbowl)
- Previous Management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- The ability to work independently and part of teams
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation/requirements
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.