All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
As an experienced member of the manufacturing engineering team, the Manufacturing Engineer supports the fast-paced manufacturing and test of Launch Vehicle and satellite hardware through the development and optimisation of all aspects of manufacturing and production activities, including but not limited to manufacturing best practices, and introduction of process improvement and enhancement across all areas of production.
Document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Why you should join our mission:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. This role also offers:
- Unique opportunity to join a rocket company based on the Gold Coast, Australia
- Experience the buzz of working and contributing towards a rocket launch- Join the team now to be onboard in time for our launch date
- Work in a passionate, vibrant and welcoming team that’s driven by its culture that emphasizes safety and conducts initiatives such as team BBQs
- Expand your skills and knowledge into the innovative aerospace industry
- Easy access from the M1
How you will contribute to our mission in getting Australia to space:
You will have the opportunity to champion Additive Manufacturing within Gilmour working closely with multidisciplinary teams. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for driving innovation, optimising processes, and ensuring the highest quality standards in the fabrication of components critical to our aerospace operations.
The below is designed to give you an idea of the role you will play. There will be many more exciting and innovative things to do.
- Develop and optimise additive manufacturing processes utilising metal laser powder bed fusion and polymer FDM technologies for the production of aerospace components.
- Work closely with design engineers to implement DFAM principles, optimising component designs for additive manufacturing while minimising weight, material usage, and production costs.
- Develop and implement quality control procedures to monitor and ensure the integrity and dimensional accuracy of manufactured components, conducting inspections and tests as necessary.
- Oversee post-processing and finishing operations to achieve desired surface finishes, mechanical properties, and dimensional tolerances of manufactured components.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of additive manufacturing processes, parameters, and quality control measures. Generate reports and documentation for internal review.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends, technologies, and advancements in additive manufacturing techniques and materials. Conduct research and experimentation to explore new capabilities and opportunities for process improvement.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including design, supply chain, quality, and manufacturing to integrate additive manufacturing processes seamlessly into the production workflow.
- Perform hands-on engineering and liaison role between the design teams and manufacturing organisation as Gilmour Space works to iterate on additively manufactured designs and ramp into the production phase.
- Perform structured root cause analysis of in-process failures and implement corrective actions.
- Design and delivery of new process as required.
- Design, installation and commissioning of capability as required.
- Perform training of manufacturing personnel and leadership
- Other duties as requested by Management
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering
- NV1 Security Clearance eligible preferred
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with working exposure to best practice e.g. LEAN, 6σ etc
- 3+ years’ experience with CAD designing parts and assemblies (Siemens NX preferred.)
- Experience with additive build preparation software.
- Exposure to industrial additive manufacturing machines.
- Ability to work well in an integrated team including daily interactions with technicians, engineers, and managers.
- Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication and documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
How to Apply:
If you are a proactive team player with a passion to get Australia to space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter or head to our website: CAREER | Gilmour Space Technologies | Rocket launch provider (gspace.com).
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.