For over 30 years Data Action (DA) has been providing flexible, core banking software, cloud-based hosting, software development and associated IT consulting services to both established and challenger brands in the Australian financial services/banking industry. With a strong focus on innovation and partnerships, DA is leading the market in delivering digital and mobile banking, loan origination, and fraud and risk management solutions to our clients.
Your New Role…
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this is a varied role with the key focus on producing accurate and timely financial reporting. You will be responsible for AP & AR functions, management of the fixed asset register, statutory returns, as well as assist in the preparation of month-end, budget and forecasts.
Main tasks include but are not limited to:
- Preparation & assistance of management reports, cash & financial performance
- A/R Credit Control
- A/P Review and management
- Maintain asset register
- Stock control - Manage inventory levels
- Budget - Ensure fixed customer revenue updated annually in line with annual contract terms & conditions
- Joint responsibility for Statutory reporting e.g. BAS, Superannuation, PAYG.
What You'll Need to Succeed…
- Tertiary degree in Accounting essential
- CA or CPA qualification or studying towards essential
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience with proven experience in financial management reporting
- Exposure to AR/AP functions and management of Asset Register
- Experience in Tax, FBT and BAS return preparation
- Strong Excel skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders from executive level to site-based staff and external parties
- Technology One knowledge will be a plus
What we can offer...
Career growth and development opportunities
- Enjoy an additional days’ paid leave annually
- Work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- Modern office in the CBD with End of Trip Facility and gaming area
- Unlimited barista style coffee and a selection of gourmet teas
- Wellness activities
- Workplace Celebrations and social club
- Competitive remuneration packages
If you are a highly motivated, keen to learn, and possess strong attention to detail, this role within a successful growing business could be the ideal role for you!
Please be sure to combine a covering letter addressing the key criteria set out above.