Located in Barrie, Ontario, MediPharm Labs offers a professional and collaborative workplace culture in a leading-edge facility built to international pharma standards. Our company is a recognized leader in the Cannabis industry, named Start-Up of the Year at the most recent Canadian Cannabis Awards. Our growing team of scientists, technicians, engineers and business professionals delivers quality and innovation through research, discipline, and forward thinking.
The Buyer acts as a liaison between our suppliers and internal Project Management team to ensure that items and services are procured in a manner that meets regulatory requirements and specifications set forth by various governing bodies, including Health Canada, ISO, USP, EP, GPP, and GMP principles. You will work closely with our Project Management Office (PMO) to interpret and address sourcing and procurement needs relating to production equipment, facilities, building improvements, and service contracts. Practicing cost effective strategies to source new vendors and manage supplier relationships is crucial to the success of this role.
- Work with suppliers to ensure that their offerings meet our exact needs, while adhering to strict specifications defined by our internal quality assurance (QA) team and governing bodies.
- Negotiate favorable pricing, terms, lead times, and delivery on behalf of the company, while operating within the tight timelines set in place by PMO counterparts.
- Collate a clear understanding of internal requirements and specifications, leveraging materials such as data sheets, technical operating manuals, engineering specifications, architectural drawings, and consultant’s findings.
- Create and issue Purchase Orders, execute replenishment orders, manage inventory levels, and co-ordinate lead times, shipping, and delivery appointments.
- Follow up with suppliers on availability, order details, revisions, costing, estimated delivery dates, and invoicing.
- Work closely with QA team to define approved suppliers and associated product catalogs.
- Participate in project initiation and needs assessment - planning, execution, monitoring and control, and closure.
- Issue RFT/RFQ/RFP’s.
- Prepare new supplier/new item approval forms, leveraging vendor quality questionnaires, specification requirements, quarantine/release documents, etc.
- Manage supplier costs and discounts, while operating within a project budget.
- Partner with accounting department to ensure that invoices and purchase orders align, and any revisions or cancellations are communicated properly.
- Ensure procurement, inventory software, and ERP systems are maintained and up to date.
- Perform analytics and reporting relating to budgeting and other supply chain metrics.
- Advanced negotiation, sourcing and vendor management skills.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, attributes, and specifications.
- Experience creating purchase orders within a procurement or ERP software system.
- Educated in business, engineering, accounting, supply chain management, or logistics.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment, with clear understanding of project management fundamentals.
- Excellent organization skills, along with written and verbal communication
- Able to work within a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Knowledge of accounting principles is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), ERP Software (SAP, Sage).
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably within a pharmaceutical, health care, or manufacturing environment.
- CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply) designation is considered an asset.
MediPharm Labs is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact 705-719-7425 ext. 223