Located in Barrie, Ontario, MediPharm Labs (TSX: LABS) offers a professional and collaborative workplace culture in a leading-edge facility built to international pharma standards. Our company is a recognized leader in the Cannabis industry, named Start-Up of the Year at the most recent Canadian Cannabis Awards. Our growing team of scientists, technicians, engineers and business professionals delivers quality and innovation through research, discipline, and forward thinking.
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, you will aid in the build up of the Finance Team, working in a hybrid capacity, from financial reporting to forecasting or financial projects. This includes, acting as a finance business partner or supporting the ERP implementation process.
- Collaborate with other business functions to proactively identify opportunities for efficiencies and internal controls gaps, address findings to the management team and lead/assist in developing and executing process improvement initiatives and solutions
- Support financial reporting requirements and analysis
- Work directly with other members of finance management to develop and ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close process
- Aid in the implementation of global ERP system through liaising with external consultants and internal stakeholders
- Develop in-depth relationships with business functional heads to identify improvement in-order to increase the flow of information into the Finance function
- Support and liaise with external advisors regarding operational and financial projects
- Assist in the annual financial statement audit, including preparation of materials and coordination with the external auditors.
- Assist the yearly budget with department heads to support the annual planning process
- Financial modeling for ad-hoc analysis as required by Senior Management Team
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or Finance
- CFA or CPA is an asset
- Big 4 accounting firm experience an asset
- 2-3 years of experience, preferably with a global organization
- Ability to maintain a high-level and strategic mindset to assess the requirements and improvements to streamline efficiencies
- Experience with IFRS and internal controls at publicly traded organizations
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and analytical reporting tools
- Familiar with using or implementing ERP systems for management reporting
- Experience providing financial and analytical support to those outside the Finance function
- Strong business acumen and ability to gain a deep understanding of total business operations
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and communicate effectively
- Experience with and preference for a fast-growing and evolving environment
- High-achieving, driven individual, who is motivated by career development opportunities
This position is based out of our Toronto office with the ability to spend occasional days in our Barrie office.
MediPharm Labs is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact 705-719-7425 ext. 223