Data Action (DA) is an Adelaide based technology services organisation and for over 30 years has been providing flexible software solutions and hosted services to clients in the Australian banking and financial services industry.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Application Support Analyst to join our team working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment providing support to many clients across a diverse range of financial services applications.
As a senior member of our application support team some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting our clients in their use of a range of financial services applications, including loans origination, debtor management, anti-money laundering and enterprise content management
- Respond to and resolve incidents, problems and requests
- Provide sound analysis and quality resolution of complex technical and business issues, including those previously undocumented
- Identify systems and process improvements and ensure they are proactively raised and progressed
- Coordination of application upgrades and project work
- Technical mentoring and coaching of applications support team members
To be successful in your application for this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing level 2 or 3 support for one or more of the following types of financial services applications – loans origination (preferred), debtor management, anti-money laundering and/or enterprise content management
- Previous experience working in a senior technical or team leader role
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, applications and processes
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong analytical capability (ability to identify the not so obvious)
- Good problem solving / troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of Sybase ASE and/or Microsoft SQL Server with the ability to read and write SQL queries and stored procedures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office automation (MS Word and MS Excel)
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networks, network security (firewalls), Windows desktop and server operating systems (inclusive of terminal services) and Active Directory
- Basic understanding of scripting languages (VBScript, PowerShell, Windows Batch Files)
- Basic understanding of ITIL
Of definite advantage would be:
- Having worked in a technology-based service bureau environment
- Any further experience working in the banking and financial services sector
- Previous experience in a software development role (Note this is nota development role, and only candidates with demonstrated application support experience will be considered)
- Degree or tertiary qualification in Computer Science or related field
If you are self-driven, motivated by a desire to provide a great service experience for our clients and feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, please apply now.
Please be sure to include a cover letter addressing the key criteria set out above as the first page of your resume.