Greater Bank is transforming, adapting and rethinking banking. As one of Australia’s largest customer-owned financial institutions, with over 275,000 customers and over $8 billion in assets under management, we are more than just an award-winning financial services organisation, we do the right thing by our customers and provide a better way of banking.
About the role | Database Administrator
Working within our Technology, Payments and Projects division at Greater Bank, as the Database Administrator you will assist in driving the ongoing improvement of Greater Bank’s database infrastructure including the administration of the design, integrity, backup and recovery, performance, upgrades, security and maintaining high availability of all Greater Bank’s databases. This is a rare opportunity to contribute to Greater Banks transformational project and future initiatives.
- Apply a hands-on approach with end-to-end ETL development in a production environment.
- Provide support and technical expertise to key stakeholders regarding solving problems, enquiries and design
- Contribute to the design and management of database architecture to ensure secure access and availability in accordance with the needs of the business.
- Undertake alterations to database structures to meet the needs of developers, stakeholders and change in business volumes
- Ensure ongoing maintenance, upgrades and security of production databases including SQL Server patching
- Manage and monitoring MS SQL Databases in a cloud environment
- Enterprise batch scheduling management.
- ETL tool development and management
What we’re looking for
To be part of this exciting opportunity we are looking for someone with:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as a MS SQL Database Administrator
- SQL Server database structures, interfaces and layered products knowledge required
- ETL Tool Development and Management
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills will allow you to work closely with all areas of the business, including technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Migration exposure desired
- Cloud experience or genuine interest in this technology is highly regarded
- Degree, postgraduate, diploma or higher education qualifications in a relevant IT field desirable
What’s in it for you?
Greater Bank isn’t like the big banks. We are a mid-tier customer-owned bank with a commitment to delivering solutions that genuinely help our customers and their communities. Our people are key to our success and we provide a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy and transparency.
We offer you the platform to demonstrate your capability and further develop your career within an established challenger brand who are very much focused on our customers.
We offer you great benefits, including:
- Being part of a change that has a meaningful and long-lasting impact on our customers
- Informal and formal flexible work/life balance options, including purchasing additional leave and self-funded days off
- Participation in your relevant incentive program
- Salary packaging, discounted financial products, corporate health insurance and an excellent corporate gym membership program
- A rewarding employee recognition program
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, don’t wait, it’s easy to apply online. You’ll be guided through a simple application process.
This could be the start of your rewarding career with Greater Bank.