Learning Support Officer - Casual engagements
- Join a great team
- Make a difference in a young person's life
- Ample on-site parking
Catholic Ladies’ College is seeking experienced and qualified Learning Support Officers for casual work, commencing in Term 2 2023.
The Learning Support Officer’s key role is to support designated students. The focus is on student participation, inclusion and success in all parts of College life.
The responsibilities of the Learning Support Officer include, but are not confined to:
- Assisting students on an individual or group basis in specific learning areas.
- Assisting teaching staff in dealing with under-achieving students.
- Assisting in the integration of students with disabilities into the classroom.
- Assisting with physical requirements of students needing special care e.g. ensure that the diabetes kit is available for students with diabetes.
- In consultation with teachers/staff, provide specialist instruction to students in specific areas (eg instruction in literacy programs, intervention and support groups, music, languages) which will enable them to enjoy control over their own lives.
- Working with Children Check and National Police Record Check
- Qualification in Education Support (or equivalent) or tertiary qualifications in a related field such as Education, Psychology, Math or Science, and relevant work experience.
- Exceptional ability to relate to children. A genuine interest in supporting the learning of children with special needs and their families.
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Discretion and an ability to maintain confidentiality
- Foundation level analytical and report writing skills
- Level 2 First Aid (desireable)
The successful applicant will have a demonstrated commitment to Catholic education and to the safety and wellbeing of children. Our College actively promotes the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all College staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm in the school environment, in accordance with their legal obligations including child safe standards.
Conditions are as per the Victorian Catholic Education Multi Employer Agreement 2018.
Please click on the Apply button and follow the process.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Manager on 03 9439 4077 or review the role description.
You have successfully applied for this job!