Greater Bank is transforming, adapting and rethinking banking. As one of Australia’s largest customer-owned financial institutions, with over 275,000 customers and over $8 billion in assets under management, we are more than just an award-winning financial services organisation, we do the right thing by our customers and provide a better way of banking.
About the role | Legal Counsel - Commercial | Permanent
We are seeking Legal Counsel (Commercial) to drive the delivery of critical business outcomes as a legal practitioner in the procurement function of Greater Bank. Working in collaboration with senior stakeholders you will provide strategic insights for the effective negotiation, implementation, and management of contracts.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Property & Procurement, you will work with key stakeholders to maintain practices that support a sound risk culture, regulatory and compliance obligations. You will also:-
- Support, administer and manage Greater Bank’s agreements and contracts in accordance with internal governance requirements, including the support of procurement activities for the negotiation of contract terms.
- Administer and manage the contract management framework including the creation of associated supporting documentation.
- Support interactions with the Legal business unit and Legal panel service providers to assist business owners to input the most suitable legal agreements.
- Ensure current and ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, CPS231, CPS 232, and CPS234.
What we’re looking for
An experienced Legal Counsel with commercial experience, you will pride yourself on your ability to innovate, drive efficiencies and form close working relationships with business stakeholders.
You will have demonstrated experience in the formation of commercial contracts for the supply technology products and services sources, You will have proven negotiation skills, along with an ability to maintain communication with suppliers on a regular basis.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- A Law Degree
- Significant demonstrated experience in contract negotiation and management
- Ability to make and maintain business relationships internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal skills with significant experience in influencing and negotiating positive outcomes
- Sound knowledge of contract management legislative and regulatory requirements within financial services
- Experience implementing contract management frameworks in a mid-sized organisation
- Experience managing complex contracts
- Experience in the application of procedures and governance affecting contract management
- Excellent time management and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and numeracy skills, with advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc)
What’s in it for you
Greater Bank isn’t like the big banks. We are a mid-tier customer-owned bank with a commitment to delivering solutions that genuinely help our customers and their communities. Our people are key to our success and we provide a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy and transparency.
We offer you the platform to demonstrate your capability and further develop your career within an established challenger brand that is very much focused on our customers.
We offer you great benefits, including:
- Being part of a change that has a meaningful and long-lasting impact on our customers
- Informal and formal flexible work/ life balance options, including purchasing additional leave and self-funded days off
- Supported training and development options to support your career pathway
- Participation in your relevant incentive program
- Salary packaging, discounted financial products, corporate health insurance and an excellent corporate gym membership program
- A rewarding employee recognition program.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, don’t wait, it’s easy to apply online. You’ll be guided through a simple application process.
This could be the start of your rewarding career with Greater Bank.