Proudly not-for-profit and operating for over 40 years, Mamre is one of Brisbane’s longest-serving disability support providers. We create good lives together by working with people to plan and build rich, meaningful and inclusive lives. Join our team today and start making a real difference in the lives of people with disability and their support networks.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for you to thrive within a well-established multi-disciplinary team who works with a holistic approach. We are seeking a warm, passionate and creative Occupational Therapist to make a difference to a diverse group of children and adults through the delivery of responsive and flexible clinic-based, mobile and telehealth therapy.
If you love assisting people to build their life skills in exciting and creative ways every day, then this is the role for you. Our brand-new, purpose-built therapy spaces are filled with an extensive range of equipment and, with Mamre providing administrative assistance (including customer experience liaison, billing and business support), you can focus on delivering great therapy.
- Early career to extensive experience encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Experience undertaking a range of assessments related to your profession and use of evidence-based, evidence-informed practices to develop, plan, implement and evaluate services
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your workload
- Liaise effectively with a range of people and build positive working relationships using your highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Consistently deliver a high level of service that meets or exceeds service delivery targets.
What you'll do
- Provide high-quality services to a diverse group of children and adults with a disability and their support networks
- Provide dynamic assessments using a range of tools and approaches
- Guide equipment solutions and assistive technology
- Deliver individualised therapy that defines clear outcomes and is centred around the person's aspirations
- Work alongside other members of the Allied Health team and contribute to shaping this service within Mamre
- Provide services within the requirements of the NDIS and Medicare
- Through consultation, develop and deliver information and education to stakeholders
- Actively contribute to the development of professional knowledge and skills in your field
What we offer
- Salary negotiated as per experience + Super
- Salary packaging to boost your take-home pay
- Laptop, Ipad and mobile phone provided
- Ongoing development through supervision, mentoring and PD opportunities
- Healthy work-life balance
- Multi-disciplinary approach with a collaborative and supportive team
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for additional support
- Tertiary Qualifications in Occupational Therapy
- Hold and maintain full registration with AHPRA
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Card and Blue Card
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
- Updated Covid-19 Vaccination Status
- Current Australian Drivers' licence and own vehicle for work purposes
To learn more about who we are and to view the Position Description, visit https://mamre.org.au/work-us/.
Please apply with your Resume and a Cover letter detailing your experience and motivations for applying. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
For all further enquiries about the position, please get in touch with our Recruitment Team at 07 3622 1222.