With over 30 years of experience providing engineering and operations services to the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, Verbrec operates across Australia and New Zealand delivering breakthrough solutions in engineering, project delivery and asset performance through our companies LogiCamms, OSD and Competency Training.
OSD has been providing multi-discipline engineering, commercial and operational services to the Oil, Gas, Mining, and Petrochemical industries internationally since 1993.OSD is a company dedicated to serving our clients by providing world class engineering, on-time project execution, and full Asset Management and O&M services – the full project lifecycle.
We are currently seeking an energetic, motivated, and enthusiastic Pipeline Operator on a full-time permanent basis for OSD’s Melbourne Team.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the purpose of the role is to carry out effective maintenance and operation of the pipelines operated by OSD in Victoria with a focus on the environment, safety, security of supply, stakeholder awareness and liaison. These services include: Leak Testing; Depth of Cover Surveys; Cathodic Protection Surveys; Non-Destructive Testing; Pipeline Pigging; Testing, Pre-commissioning, and Commissioning; Pipeline and facility construction and Integrity Inspections:
- To the highest level of safety, environment, community & stakeholder requirements.
- To meet agreed quality, operability, schedule, and cost targets; and
- In strict accordance with the relevant statutory & regulatory guidelines.
- Certificate III in process plant operations or CP 1 (Desirable)
- Knowledge of pipeline regulation and environmental health & safety legislation
- Experience within the gas industry be highly regarded specifically in the areas of pipeline inspection and maintenance.
- A safety-first approach.
- Experience working in high pressure pipeline field operations environment
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- A high level of mechanical aptitude and willingness to develop on a diverse range of skills.
- Good communications skills, both written and oral.
- Sound computer skills.
- Experience with communicating with landowners and occupiers.
- Experience supervising third party works
The new Verbrec brand represents our evolution and continued growth by leveraging emerging techniques and technologies for the benefit of our clients. Evolution, engineered.
Our Vision - Meeting the future by engineering transformative solutions through full project and asset lifecycles.
Our Promise to You - We believe in passionate and innovative people delivering our success. We take pride in seeing our people continually develop their career opportunities and access wonderful employee benefits. We offer our people engaging and challenging work, the opportunity for personal success and, a fun and friendly culture. We are an inclusive workplace and we believe in diversity and opportunity for all.
At Verbrec, the health and safety of our people is our highest priority. For this reason, Verbrec is working on implementing a COVID-19 policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 unless a formal medical exemption applies. If you are applying for a role at Verbrec please consider this new requirement when submitting your application.
Visit us at https://verbrec.com/ to learn more about your career with Verbrec.
*Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply*
** Please note, a satisfactory National Criminal Check will be required prior to commencement of employment **