Greater Bank is transforming and rethinking banking. As one of Australia’s largest customer-owned financial institutions, with over 275,000 customers and over $8 billion in assets under management, we are more than just an award-winning financial services organisation, we do the right thing by our customers and provide a better way of banking.
About the role | 24 Month Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to Remuneration Operations Manager this newly created position will be responsible for overseeing the execution of operational payroll completed with a high level of accuracy. Leading a team, you will drive the day-to-day operational delivery of payroll services including fortnightly and monthly pays, PAYG, payroll tax and superannuation. Additionally, you will act as a subject matter expert on payroll conditions and assist the Remuneration Operations Manager with payroll governance and compliance.
- Direct the operational execution of payroll activities including all payrolls, end of period processes and reconciliations including end of month and end of financial year
- Lead and develop payroll officers to ensure continuous capability uplift
- Support the payroll team with queries from employees and key stakeholders in a timely and customer centric manner, and act as SME for payroll matters
- Ensure payroll compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements and in accordance with Enterprise Agreement, Employment Agreements, and company policies and procedures
- Contribute to continuous improvement of payroll processes and implement improvement initiatives to reduce risk and improve efficiency of the payroll function
- Assist with implementation and testing of payroll system upgrades and enhancements
- Relieve Remuneration Operations Manager
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in payroll with strong working knowledge of digital payroll and HR systems.
- Proven working understanding of Australian payroll, statutory and legislative provisions
- Qualification in accounting, finance, or Human Resources desirable.
- Experience in end to end payroll delivery and governance for organisations with a headcount in excess of 500.
- Able to maintain a high degree of accuracy and work to strict deadlines while working in a fast paced environment.
- Proactive and continuous improvement approach to work activities
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, with an emphasis on collaborative teamwork
- High degree of confidentiality
What’s in it for you
Greater Bank isn’t like the big banks. We are a mid-tier customer-owned bank with a commitment to delivering solutions that genuinely help our customers and their communities. Our people are key to our success and we provide a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy and transparency.
We offer you the platform to demonstrate your capability and further develop your career within an established challenger brand who are very much focused on our customers.
We offer you great benefits, including:
- Being part of a change that has a meaningful and long-lasting impact on our customers
- Informal and formal flexible work/life balance options, including purchasing additional leave and self-funded days off
- Supported training and development options to support your career pathway
- Participation in your relevant incentive program
- Salary packaging, discounted financial products, corporate health insurance and an excellent corporate gym membership program
- A rewarding employee recognition program
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, don’t wait, it’s easy to apply online. You’ll be guided through a simple application process.
For a confidential discussion please contact our Talent Acquisition Team on 02 4921 9721.
This could be the start of your rewarding career with Greater Bank.