- Outstanding opportunity to make a significant difference to the community
- Part-time role, 21 hours per week – 3 x 12-month temporary positions
- Flexible work arrangements possible: Hawkesbury, Blue Mountains and Lithgow locations
About Gateway Family Services
Gateway Family Services is a respected not-for-profit organisation that provides essential and targeted early intervention family support, counselling, expressive therapies and community support in the Penrith / Blue Mountains areas. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high-quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
About the Roles
In addition to these core services, Gateway is also providing a comprehensive bushfire recovery support service (Step by Step) to local communities throughout the Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, Lithgow and mid-Western regions. As part of this service, we are seeking to appoint 3 Wellbeing Support Workers to work collaboratively with our current bushfire recovery case managers, providing a range of wellbeing and mental health services to bushfire affected people within these communities. This is a hugely exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative, cutting edge service delivery model focused on delivering accessible mental health support.
The key responsibilities of these roles include:
- Providing a range of mental health support services to bushfire affected residents across the region through a variety of interventions, including counselling, psychological first aid, supported referrals to specialist mental health services, and providing psycho-educational groups and programs
- Utilising a suite of mental health assessment tools (for example, the Kessler Psychological Distress Scale) to best determine client needs.
- Development and delivery of mental health support through a variety of "soft entry" points, including local events, outreach hubs, and creative projects
- Completing thorough case planning, reviews and case notes, and ensuring these are uploaded / recorded into a database, whilst respecting client privacy and confidentiality
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a highly flexible, adaptable way of working, and enjoy working as part of a collaborative, committed and driven team.
You will also have:
- Experience in the mental health and/or community welfare sector, including working with trauma and working from a trauma-informed model of care.
- Experience in CBT and / or Narrative and Solution Focused therapies supported by, ideally, experience in assessing for trauma
- Experience working with both individuals and groups, including development and delivery of psycho-educational programs
- Tertiary qualifications in Counselling, Psychology, Social Work or similar, supported by PACFA / ACA /AASW membership
- A highly collegiate, adaptable approach to your work and an ability to work as part of an established team
- A commitment to social justice principles, and specifically to the mission and aims of the Uniting Church in Australia
- Current driver’s licence, including your own reliable vehicle (as a significant amount of travel across the LGA is required)
- Working with Children Check and willingness to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
If you are passionate about delivering meaningful therapeutic outcomes to the local community, this is your opportunity to work with a motivated and experienced team in an established and respected organisation. Apply now!
HR Success is managing this recruitment process on behalf of Gateway Family Services. No agencies, please.